Monday, August 20, 2007

Back At Last

What a few weeks it's been. I've experienced two cases of credit card fraud, and my house got hit by lightning, causing much damage and many insurance company-related irritations. I also spent the weekend in The Woodlands, Texas at a homeschool convention. It was great, but I had a terrible time getting an internet connection. But I am back in the saddle.

Hm. Back in the saddle. That's it--today's blog topic. Let's go with horse cliches! How many can you come up with? I've got the following:

back in the saddle
don't look a gift horse in the mouth
that's a horse of a different color
you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink
so hungry I could eat a horse
beating a dead horse
ride off into the sunset
on your high horse
dark horse
horsing around
hold your horses
putting the cart before the horse
straight from the horses mouth

Hey, that's not bad. Can anyone top that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is a blog about writing, so please, let's use the apostrophe correctly. Get out your Strunk and White and find out how to form the plural of the noun "cliche."

Brian said...

I know how to create the plural. The word processor Blogger provides doesn't have an option for an accent mark--at least none that I am aware of. I'm used to writing "cliche" with an accented "e." I made do with an apostrophe. Sort of like using quotation marks around the word "cliche" instead of italicizing it.

Faith Light said...

How about, closing the barn door after the horses have already gotten out, and horse sense?

Faith Light said...

Oh, I forgot this one, to back the wrong horse: to support the wrong person or party.